The little girl had gone for an end of year party which was hosted by “Taribo” her uncle in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state, with her mother. However her distraught mother who searched everywhere for her, went home without her.
However on 20th August 2018, the kidnapped girl regained her freedom after the Imo State Police Command busted a child trafficking syndicate. A total of eleven (11) stolen children regained their freedom, as the Imo Police officers arrested eight (8) suspects in connection with child stealing and trafficking.
Some parents of the missing kids have been identified, following the arrests made between 24/07/2018 and 17/08/2018 at Agbor Park in Benin City Edo State and Imo State respectively. A statement from the Imo State Police Command on the kidnapped kids, reads;
PRESS BRIEFING OF IMO STATE POLICE COMMAND ON 20TH AUGUST, 2018 AT COMMAND HEADQUARTERS OWERRI
ARREST OF CHILD TRAFFICKING SYNDICATE/RECOVERY OF STOLEN CHILDREN
2. THERESA ASIEGBU ‘F’ BOTH OF UMUIKPA OZU URUALLA IN IDEATO NORTH L.G.A. IMO STATE
3. CHIOMA EMEKA ‘F’ OF UMUANUMOKE IN OKIGWE L.G.A. IMO STATE
4. HAPPINESS PETER ‘F’ OF IYALA OGOJA IN CROSS RIVER STATE
5. MARTINA NWADIKE ‘F’ OF AGBOR PARK BENIN CITY EDO STATE.
6. MARTHA OJIMBA ‘F OF MGBEE IN ORLU L.G.A. IMO STATE
7. CHIZOBA EZE ‘F’ 36YRS AND
8. AMAKA EZE ‘F’ 57YRS BOTH OF NGWO UDI L.G.A. OF ENUGU STATE
2. KOSARACHI OBIDUBA ‘F’ 7YRS BOTH OF SAME PARENTS STOLEN ON 15/08/2018 AT AKOKWA
3. ONYINYECHI OKPALA ‘F’ STOLEN ON 30/11/2014 AT PORT – HARCOURT
4. DIVINE ISAAC ANYAKA ‘F’ STOLEN ON 28/09/2018 AT ST. MICHEAL CATHOLIC CHURCH ONUIMO OKIGWE L.G.A.
5. HABEEB SURNAME YET UNKNOWN ‘M’ 4YRS AND
6. WUNMI SURNAME YET UNKNOWN ‘F’ 2YRS BOTH SUSPECTED TO HAVE BEEN STOLEN FROM SABO AJANGBADI AREA OF LAGOS STATE
7. CHISERE NWADIKE ‘F’ 5YRS
8. GINIKA SURNAME YET UNKNOWN ‘F’
9. NDUBUISI SURNAME YET UNKNOWN ‘M’
10. TWO (2) DAY OLD TWIN BABIES (ONE BOY AND ONE GIRL)
Operatives of the Imo State Police Command have arrested eight (8) suspects in connection with child stealing and trafficking. The arrests were made between 24/07/2018 and 17/08/2018 at Agbor Park in Benin City Edo State and Imo State respectively. A total of eleven (11) stolen children were recovered from the suspects some of whom have been identified by their parents.
From Mr. Andrew Enwerem
PPRO Imo State Command