Arguably, the br*ast seems to be one part of a woman’s body that means different things to different people, and that could be the reason why women pay so much attention to it.
Beyond the fact that it is the source of food for a newborn baby, men see it as more of s*x organ that makes s*x more pleasurable, and for women, apart from its being important for br*astfeeding after childbirth and being a body part that enhances their outlook, it is one of the routes to s*xual satisfaction, as findings have shown that handling the br*asts is one of the quickest ways for women to reach orgasm.
Such is the importance of the br*ast, or bo*b as some prefer to call it, to all concerned.
Meanwhile, it has also been found that the firmness or otherwise of those two soft, pr*truding organs influence women’s self esteem, and they also impact on how attractive they are to men.
For most men, the bigger the better, and the more firm the br*asts are the better, which make women to do all they can to make the br*asts look firm, including using all kinds of br.as.
It should be noted that the br*asts tend to s*g with age and after childbirth and or br*astfeeding. But be that as it may, there are some human activities that could increase the likelihood of s*gging.
So, given the much importance men and women attach to the firmness of a woman’s br*asts, it seems helpful for women to know how best the br*asts should be treated to avoid s*gging (quickly).
1. Mismanaged br*astfeeding: It is largely assumed that a woman’s br*asts tend to s*g after pregnancy and br*astfeeding, and this is entirely understandable because of the release of some hormones and the secretion of milk which could increase the size of the br*asts. In fact, some people assume that with the way the baby draws the Tips in the process of s*ckling the mother’s br*asts, the br*asts would lose firmness and end up being droopy afterwards. But those assumptions may not be true. According to a gynaecologist, Dr. Bolanle Shukra-Okesina, women can retain the firmness of their br*asts even after br*astfeeding, depending on how the woman manages the br*asts during and after the period.
She said, “Br*astfeeding per se does not make the br*asts to s*g. If the woman uses the appropriate br.a size and she takes enough of fluid, especially water, when br*astfeeding, the br*asts will not s*g, even after br*astfeeding. Also, during pregnancy, the woman is expected to change the size of her br.a as the br*asts increase in size. She is supposed to use the appropriate size at every stage because the br*asts need to be supported by a firm br.a.
“When the milk stops after br*astfeeding, the br*asts would on their own go back to their normal size. So, if the woman does the right thing, the br*asts have no reason to s*g.
2. Crash diet – This factor particularly applies to women who are watching their weight and are doing everything to lose some weight, especially people who are obese, because according to Shukra-Okesina, losing weight could make the br*asts to s*g. She said in the process of losing weight, a br*ast would also give up its fat and some ligaments and if the diet is deficient of fat and some calcium-building elements, it would eventually s*g. “If a woman who is watching her diet is not taking balanced diet, perhaps to lose some fat, it can make the br*ast to s*g,” she explained.
Furthermore, a br*ast surgeon and president of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Michael Edwards, in his piece on Women’sHealth, said, “Each time a woman gains and loses weight, br*ast tissue becomes slack.” He also believes that excessive exposure to the ultraviolet rays from the sun could take its toll on the br*asts by stretching out the connective tissues and damaging the skin.
3. Wrong br.a size: One other factor that has been found to influence the firmness or otherwise of the br*asts is whether women use the br.a that is appropriate for their br*ast size. According to the gynaecologist, the br*asts would likely s*g if women with (relatively) big br*asts do not use the size of br.a that can lift the br*asts and keep them in position.
And for women who wear the kind of br.as that make the br*asts to shake, perhaps to appear buxom, Edwards warned that the more the br*asts bounce around, the more the skin of the br*asts and collagen would be stressed, eventually leading to s*gging. Thus, women should wear br.as that keep the br*asts intact and in shape.
4. Smoking: This act has been found to have serious adverse effects on the human system, especially the functionality or efficiency of some internal organs, but not many would know when women smoke, it tends to have some effects on their br*asts. Edwards had this to say, “Any amount of smoking weakens and ages skin by decreasing the blood supply to the skin surface, and the br*asts are not spared in this.” and according to a consultant endocrinologist, Dr. Olamoyegun Michael, smoking weakens the ligaments that hold the br*asts, which could ultimately lead to s*gging.
5. Wrong exercise: No doubt, exercise is good for the body, and people across all age groups are advised to engage in it. In fact, there are exercises that help to make the br*asts firm, including push-ups and lifting dumbbells. But it has been found that some exercises are inimical to the firmness of the br*asts, especially running. Findings show that when a woman is running and she is not wearing the appropriate br.a, like a fitted sports br.a, the br*asts would naturally be moving up and down, which can lead to the breakdown of the connecting tissues, leading to s*gging eventually. For those who are able to, findings have also shown that weight lifting also helps to make the br*asts firm as it strengthens the muscles underlying the br*asts. So, if you have the capacity, try it.
There are myths surrounding br*asts s*gging, and among them are excessive s*ckling or handling and abstinence from br.a. But according to Olamoyegun, s*ckling the br*asts or handling them does not lead to s*gging.
In effect, doing the needful while br*astfeeding, eating balanced diet and in reasonable quantity, avoiding too much exposure to sunlight, abstinence from smoking and doing the right exercises could reduce the likelihood of s*gging.