A young man has been rescued by residents of the commercial city of Lagos after dousing himself with petrol and setting himself on fire.
Scene of the incident
A man who decided to end his life in a bizarre way after dousing himself with petrol and setting himself ablaze in public, has been recued by residents of Omole Estate in the Ojodu area of Lagos state.
It was gathered that the young man was rescued after passersby promptly mobilized to pour water on him, as he would have succeeded in killing himself.
The man, who is said to be suffering from mental illness, was said to have drank Hypo bleach, earlier today, but rescued. The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) later came to take him away.