Most people are either overweight or obese but there are some people who are at the far end of the divide, very skinny and want to add weight. Obesity is currently one of the world’s biggest health problems, however, being underweight may be just as bad for your health as being obese. Healthy weight gain requires intake of calorie-rich plus nutrient-rich foods. High-calorie foods with lots of fat, sugar, or empty calories should be avoided. Consuming more empty-calorie foods like soft drinks, candy and chips is not a successful way. Binging on soda and fatty foods may help you gain weight, but it can destroy your health at the same time. Just so you don’t run your health into trouble while trying to put on some weight, Cliqloaded brings you these 5 healthy ways to gain weight…
Eat More Calories Than Your Body Burns: You need to eat more calories than your body burns in order to gain weight. Aim for 300-500 calories per day above your maintenance level, or 700-1000 calories if you want to gain weight fast.
Eat Lots of Protein: Protein forms the building blocks of your muscles. Eating sufficient protein is required to gain muscle weight instead of just fat. High-protein foods include meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes, nuts and others.
Eat Lots of Carbs and Fat, and Eat at Least 3 Times Per Day: In order to gain weight, eat at least 3 meals per day and make sure to eat plenty of fat, carbs and protein. Eat plenty of high-carb and high-fat foods if weight gain is a priority for you. It is best to eat plenty of protein, fat and carbs at each meal.
Lift Heavy Weights and Improve Your Strength: It is very important to lift heavy weights and improve your strength. This will help you gain muscle mass instead of just fat.
Eat a Lot of Energy-Dense Foods and use Sauces, Spices and Condiments: You can add sauces, spices and condiments to your foods to make it easier to eat more of them. Base your diet on energy-dense foods as much as possible. Energy-dense foods that are perfect for gaining weight include: Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc., Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes and others.; High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream.;Fats and Oils: Extra v*rgin olive oil and avocado oil.; Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice. ; Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.; Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams.; Dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, trail mixes.
Other tips inlcude:–
Don’t drink water before meals. This can fill your stomach and make it harder to get in enough calories.
– Eat more often. Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
– Drink milk. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein and calories.
– Try weight gainer shakes. If you are really struggling then you can try weight gainer shakes. These are very high in protein, carbs and calories.
– Use bigger plates. Definitely use large plates if you are trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates cause people to automatically eat less.
– Add cream to your coffee. This is a simple way to add in more calories.
– Take creatine. The muscle building supplement creatine monohydrate can help you gain a few pounds in muscle weight.
– Get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.
We hope these tips help!!!