Ginger is grown as a root and is a flexible ingredient that can be consumed in drinks (tea , beer, ale) or in cooking. It can be used to make foods spicy and even as a food preservative. For over 2000 years, Chinese medicine has recommended the use of ginger to help cure and prevent several health problems. It is known to promote energy circulation in the body and increase our body’s metabolic rate .
Here ‘s a list of some of the amazing benefits of ginger that you may not aware of.
1. Maintains Normal Blood
Circulation. Ginger contains chromium, magnesium and zinc which can help to improve blood flow, as well as help prevent chills, fever, and excessive sweat.
2. Remedies Motion Sickness. Ginger is a known effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness. The exact reason is unknown, but in a study of naval cadets, those given ginger powder suffered less.
3. Improves absorption. Ginger improves the absorption and stimulation of essential nutrients in the body. It does this by stimulating gastric and pancreatic enzyme secretion.
4. Cold and Flu Prevention. Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a natural
treatment for colds and flu around Asia. The University of Maryland Medical Center states that to treat cold and flu symptoms in adults, steep 2 table spoon of freshly shredded or chopped ginger root in hot water, two to three times a day.
5. Combat Stomach Discomfort. Ginger is ideal in assisting digestion, thereby improving food absorption and avoiding possible stomach ache. Ginger appears to reduce inflammation in a similar way to aspirin and ibuprofen.
6. Colon Cancer Prevention. A study at the University of Minnesota found that ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
7. Reduce Pain and Inflammation. Ginger contains some of the most potent anti- inflammatory fighting substances known and is a natural powerful painkiller.
8. Fights Common Respiratory Problems. If you’re suffering from common respiratory
diseases such as a cough, ginger aids in expanding your lungs and loosening up phlegm because it is a natural expectorant that breaks down and removes mucus.. That way you can quickly recover from difficulty in breathing.
9. Ovarian Cancer Treatment. Ginger powder induces cell death in ovarian cancer
10. Strengthens Immunity. Ginger helps improve the immune system. Consuming a little bit ginger a day can help foil potential risk of a stroke by inhibiting fatty deposits from the arteries. It also decreases bacterial infections in the stomach, and helps battle a bad cough and throat irritation.
11. Combats Morning Sickness. Ginger has
demonstrated a success rate of 75 percent in curing morning sickness and stomach flu.