Tagbo and Davido
A coroner’s report has revealed the likely cause of Tagbo Umeike’s death after he celebrated his birthday at a party.
The Medical Examiner’s Office autopsy has shown that 35-year-old Tagbo Umeike, friend of Nigerian singer Davido might have died as a result of drugs and alcohol.
The report by the coroner revealed that a substantial amount of alcohol and drugs were found in Tagbo’s system capable of easing him into the early stages of hypothermia, which later might have led to her death.
The toxicology tests detected alcohol (Bacardi 151, 75.5% Alcohol) and topiramate, a medication for epilepsy and/or migraines in a man’s system, in Tagbo Umeike.
“Tagbo’s blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) was at 0.112, higher than the 0.08 legal limit for normal human being state,” the coroner’s office stated.
While his family claims that Tagbo “didn’t have a prescription for any type of topiramate medication”, the coroner’s office stated that the amount of drug in Tagbos’ system was in the “ther*peutic range.”
A statement by the coroner’s office said, “Alcohol and topiramate are synergistic. When combined, the effect of either or both drugs is enhanced.”
“Topiramate, like alcohol, can cause dizziness, impaired memory, impaired concentration, poor coordination, confusion and impaired judgment.
“Central nervous system depression, or impairment, combined with cold exposure can hasten the onset of hypothermia and death.”