HEALTH BENEFITS OF CUCUMBERS AND REASONS TO EAT CUCUMBERS.
I would love to tell you some benefits you don’t know about CUCUMBERS
- Cucumbers are made up of 90-95 percent water, making them an ideal hydrating and cooling food.
- Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonols called fisfetin that appears to play an important role in your brain health.
- Cucumbers also contain polyphenols called lignans, which may help to lower your risk of br*ast, uterine, ovarian and prostate cancers.
- Cucumbers are low in calories and high in fiber,which makes them useful for both weight loss and digestive health.
- Cucumbers contain numerous antioxidants including the well known Vitamin C and beta-carotene. They also contain antioxidantflavonoids,such as quercentin,apigenin,luteolin and kaempferol, which provide additional benefits.
- Placing a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth may help to rid your mouth of odour- causing bacteria. According to the principles of Ayurveda, eating cucumbers may also help to release excess heat in your stomach, which is said veto be a primary cause of bad breath.
- Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins,including vitamin B1,vitamin B5, and vitamin B7(biotin). B vitamins are known to ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
- Cucumbers skin contains insoluble fiber, which helps add bulk to your stool. This helps food to move through your digestive tract more quickly for healthy elimination.
- Cucumbers contain potassium, which is associated with lower blood pressure levels. A proper balance of potassium both inside and outside your cells is crucial for your body to function properly.
- Cucumbers also make a great base for vegetable juice due to their mild flavour and high water content.