We all know that sperm are necessary for creating another human being, but sometimes they don’t get enough credit for their role. Or it’s because women are considered the one who is responsible for carrying a new child.
The truth is that half of the genetic code of a child is carried within a man’s sperms. There are many interesting facts about them and these interesting facts about sperms will help us value them even more.
It’s easy to recognize how important they are for creating life through these 14 interesting facts about sperms that are still unknown to many of us.
1. Bad diet = Bad Sperm
If you want healthy sperms you need to cut down that bad diet. Say no to cheese, alcohol, bacon, cigarettes.
2.Obesity can lower the sperm quality and count
If you are suffering from obesity or if your BMI is more than 25, you can have some issues with the count and quality of the sperms.
3. Sperm can live for up to five days inside a v*gina, depending on how friendly the v*gina is. Generally, it only lasts for up to 24-48 hours inside the female body.
4.There are more than 200 million sperms in a single ejaculation.
5.Sperms are either male or female.
Sperm will either carry a male “Y” chromosome or a female “X” chromosome but not both which will eventually determine the baby’s s*x.
6.Even if the sperms are dead, it can still fertilize the egg.
In laboratory settings, scientists have been able to fertilize female human eggs using dead human sperm. Only the DNA is required to start a new life.
7.Wireless technology damages sperm.
The heat from the laptop and the cell phone we use, the wifi connections, etc all these wireless technologies can damage both the sperms and the eggs.
8.They contain calories
Sperms contain a few calories and fats. And a tablespoon of semen contains around 20 calories.
9.It’s used for skincare
It contains spermidine, a compound which is responsible for slowing down the aging process. It also protects cells by improving blood cells.
10. A single Ejaculation contains only five percent of sperms so it becomes difficult for some couples to conceive. But conception also depends on the quality of the sperm.
11. Sperms can be of different shape
We always knew that they have an oval head and a long tail. But all sperms are different; sperms may have a small head, two heads, a big head, several tails, a bent tail or a broken tail.
12. It takes a long time to form. Though the production of sperms takes place regularly but it takes two months to finally produce a healthy sperm.
13. Frequent ejaculation improves sperm quality.
14. Sperms don’t always swim straight. Only about one in five sperm swims upstream toward the female’s egg while others swim in circles.
Comments are welcomed!!