Yes, someone has made over 57 billion Naira (using official rate of N316. Using black-market rate, she has made a whopping 79 billion Naira) this year and she is just 27. You can close your mouth now.
The musician who has achieved this is no other person than American superstar musician Taylor Swift.
Forbes Magazine recently published its annual list of the 30 top-earning celebrities under the age of 30 for 2016 (June 1, 2015, to June 1, 2016) and Taylor tops the list having brought in a staggering $170 million.
Read an excerpt from Forbes about Taylor below:
Taylor Alison Swift was born on December 13, 1989, in Reading, Pennsylvania. Thanks to her album and tour named after the year of her birth, the 26-year-old pop superstar banked $170 million in a year, which makes her the top-earning celebrity in the world.
Swift’s 1989 tour grossed $200 million in North America, demolishing the Rolling Stones’ record, and went on to gross a quarter of a billion dollars in total for her world tour. The album of the same name sold more than 9 million copies worldwide and placed in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 for an entire year. 1989 also made Swift the first woman ever to win the Best Album of the Year Grammy twice. She also padded her paycheck with endorsement deals with Apple, Diet Coke, Keds and other brands. With all these ventures, Swift is the youngest member of member of FORBES list of America’s Richest Female Entertainers with an estimated net worth of $250 million.
See the list of other high earning youths below:
1. Taylor Swift, musician ($170 million)
2. One Direction, musicians ($110 million)
3. Lionel Messi, footballer ($81.5 million)
4. Adele, musician ($80.5 million)
5. Rihanna, musician ($75 million)
6. Justin Bieber, musician ($56 million)
7. Novak Djokovic, tennis player ($56 million)
8. Kevin Durant, basketballer ($56 million)
9. The Weeknd, musician ($55 million)
10. Jordan Spieth, golfer ($53 million)